Wedding went well yesterday. Ceremony was simple and short, but well done. I broke the key off in the door when leaving the house. Reception was also good & everyone enjoyed it. Paul gave a good toast. Earlier in the day he told some pretty tall tales about Pat drinking a whole fifth of whiskey in one go while they were at Ole Miss. We brought Bekah back to the house with us after the reception. Stopped to get some beer; this made Rebekah very excited. We drank beer, talked, and watched TV til about 10. After taking Bekah back to the hotel, we packed upt he car and headed to bed. This morning I woke up about 5:15. That sorry excuse for a mattress was more like a seat cushion and I was glad to be up. We left under the cover of darkness and were headed west on I-70 towards Kansas City by 6:05. At the Nebraska State Line we decided to stop at the Lewis & Clark Center. The exhibits were fun and hands on. We took lots of good pictures. They had a prairie dog that was very interested in me, as I was her. Outside, while posing for pictures on a replica of the boat L & C used to float the Missouri, we were asked to stay for a "Nebraska Life" Photo shoot on roadside monuments. We really wanted to, but with 400 plus miles till Wyoming, we couldn't. I did get to take pictures and play with a 125 lb Newfoundland they had there to play the part of "Seaman" (Lewis & Clark's trusty dog). His real name was Duncan and we wish we could have taken him with us, but we decided he wouldn't fit in the car. We're now about 230 miles from the Nebraska/Wyoming border on I-80W.
- Austin
- Austin
1 comment:
The story about the fifth of whiskey had grown over time. That would be a fatal quantity of alcohol. Reality was foolish enough. Whiskey bad.
Post a Comment